What is LockHunter?
Well as their website explains
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Gives you detailed information on the process
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Can delete a file at next OS restart
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Can unload DLLs from processes
- Integrates in to Explorer menu
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows
Perhaps the biggest benefit of LockHunter its website not to mention is the fact that the user interface is well made. It just takes about 5mins with the program to know how to use most of the features, and the fact that it integrates with your windows context menu means you always have access to its easy but powerful features at the click of a button.
So if there is a stubborn file on windows giving you trouble in deleting please by all means try out this GREAT and FREE tool. Dont forget to donate if the program is of use to you.
Please dont forget to check out their other useful too for ejecting those stubborn SATA/USB drives safely from your computer. Though this one is not free but its worth the price.